East Texas Christian Academy will strive to develop the following student characteristics through its academic, spiritual and leadership programs:
1. Are well prepared in all academic disciplines, and are skilled in reading, writing, speaking, listening and thinking.
2. Are proficient in mathematics and the sciences.
3. Appreciate literature and the arts, and understand how they express and shape their beliefs and values.
4. Have a knowledge and understanding of people, events, and movements in history (including church history), and how history has impacted today.
5. Have an appreciation for other languages and cultures, and practice Biblical hospitality.
6. Are committed to life-long learning.
7. Value intellectual inquiry and are engaged in the marketplace of ideas.
1. Personally respond to carrying the Great Commission locally and around the world.
2. Understand the worth of every human being as created in the image of God.
3. Can articulate and defend their Christian worldview, while having a basic understanding of opposing worldviews.
4. Understand and commit to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
5. Know, understand and apply God’s Word in daily life.
6. Possess apologetic skills to defend their faith.
7. Are empowered by the Holy Spirit and pursue a life of faith, goodness, knowledge, self-control, Godliness, brotherly kindness and love.
8. Treat their bodies as the temple of the Holy Spirit.
9. Are actively involved in a church community serving God and others.
10. Respect and relate appropriately, with Godly integrity, to the people with whom they work, play and live.
11. Have an appreciation for the natural environment, and practice responsible stewardship of God’s creation.
12. Are prepared to practice Biblical principles of healthy, moral family living.
13. Understand that work has dignity as an expression of the nature of God.
1. Are good stewards of their finances, time and other resources.
2. Know how to utilize resources to find, analyze and evaluate information.
3. Have the skills to question, solve problems and make wise decisions.
4. Understand value and engage in appropriate community and political activities.
5. Embrace and practice justice, mercy and peacemaking in family and society.
6. Have a platform of influence among their peers
7. Are well respected among people they come into contact with
8. Understand leadership from a servant model
9. Continually seek to invest in others